Friday, February 1, 2008

Welcome!!

Hey Everyone,
I thought it would be fun to have a family website where we could upload events, such as birthdays, vacations, etc. to a calendar as well as upload pictures and create wish lists (that I know we all have). So I've gone ahead a created a Carley family blog. This blog is private meaning that no one can see our blog, unless you give them our username and password or invite them to do so.
To get started go to
www.blogger.com.
USER ID: carleyfam@gmail.com
PASSWORD: lasvegas
You can post under this ID, but the name will be Carley Family instead of say Melissa or Adam. We won't really know who posted if you do it this way. You are free to use this if it is convenient, but you might want to just go ahead and get your own Google account (which you may already have if you have gmail). That way when you post it will be with your own name and not Carley Family.
After you've logged in, you'll come to a page called Dashboard. This is where you manage your blog. You can click on VIEW BLOG to see our blog. Or you can click on NEW POST and start posting.
Picasa Web Albums, Wish List, and a Google Calendar (there's a link in the right side bar) also come with the Google account so feel free to upload photos, add items to a wish list, and input calendar items. If you happen to have your own Google account, just remember you will have to use the
carleyfam@gmail.com ID to input items into the calendar. When posting, at the bottom is a place where you can type in a label. I would suggest using this as a way to organize our posts. For instance I would have my label be Angie, so that when I click on Angie under the Label heading it will bring up every post I've labeled Angie. This will just make it easier to locate things in the future. You can add labels to anything you like. Its just an easy way to keep things organized. This is a family blog, so it will only work if we use it. Also, you all have power to change the settings or template.
Happy Blogging!

0 comments: